We’re ambitious, and our success is down to our people, so we’re looking for an experienced and passionate Urban Designer to help us continue expanding our development portfolio.
Fowler Architecture & Planning is a family run practice with over 30 years’ experience building beautiful homes across the south of England and beyond. We’re offering the right person the chance to be part of a well-established, multi-disciplinary team, designing residential developments which range from large scale, traditional designs, to smaller, bespoke schemes.
We want someone with:
- strong design skills and attention to detail.
- a degree in Urban Design or Architecture.
- the ability to produce high quality hand drawings.
- excellent design software experience including: AutoCAD, Revit, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketchup.
- excellent organisation, and time management skills.
- confidence and initiative.
- a team player attitude.
What you’ll be doing as our Urban Designer:
- conducting site, context, and character appraisals to inform the design for new developments.
- developing layouts at various levels of detail from capacity studies, concept to final design.
- working collaboratively with our internal Architectural and Planning Teams to develop realistic proposals which reflect best value for our clients, best practice in Urban Design and improve the chances of obtaining planning permission.
- rendering drawings using design software/by hand.
- working alongside key stakeholders through collaborative design workshops, and public exhibitions.
- liaising with other technical professionals to ensure technical deliverability of projects.
- championing Urban Design best practice.
How to apply
Send your CV with examples of your work, and any good (or bad) jokes, to firstname.lastname@example.org